Type your paragraph here.
"Coconut Dream" reviewed at
AMG EXPERT REVIEW : Strong on melody and expert musicianship, Atlas is on a spiritual journey of self-discovery with songs that detail romance,injustice, and redemption. Whether he's trying to seduce his subject ("Little Suzie"), lamenting love lost ("You Loved Me Once"), or railing against oppression ("Stop the Killing," "Stamp out Hate"), Atlas brings a genuine joy to the music he creates. Atlas' stellar supporting cast is deserving of accolades. Producer Christian Cassan's fresh live-in-the-studio mix bursts from the speakers and the band's tasteful interplay and tuneful solos compliment Atlas' relaxed legato vocal phrasing on each cut. Beat of the Heart affects the heart, piques the intellect, and its grooves invigorate the soul. What more can anyone ask of a reggae album? — Tom Semioli
REGGAE VIBES PRODUCTIONS: The debut album of Louis Atlas, "Beat Of My Heart", is a fine collection of old school reggae tunes, picking up where Bob Marley and Steel Pulse left off a long time back. Most of the songs are across catchy one-drop riddims, except for the tunes Seven Days and Tweedle Dee. The first tune incorporates influences of world music, while the second tune is a ska flavored lovers song. Louis Atlas is equally at ease with both lovers and cultural concerts. Check out the tunes Stop The Killing and Stamp Out Hate where you will find time railing against
oppression, the tune You Loved Me Once dealing with a lost love and Praise On High, which happens to be an outstanding tune on which he celebrates life. The album was made with the help of producer/multi-instrumentalist Christian Cassan and features the following players of instruments: Arthur Miller - bass & vocals, Pamela Fleming - saxophone, Jennifer Hill - alto sax, Victor Axelrod - keyboards & melodica, Alfredo Buonanno - acoustic bass, Fernando Velez - percussion Louis Atlas - guitar & vocals, Christian Cassan - bass, percussion, drums & guitar and The Burning Brass, consisting of Jenny Hill, Pam Fleming and Curtis Fowlkes. 'Beat Of My Heart' is a well-crafted debut set by Louis Atlas.
TOMMYROCKR'S 5TH ANNUAL PICKS 'N' PANS
Greetings Music Lover:
Love You Live – Best GIGS NYC
1. DAN BRYK - solo piano at the Knitting Factory NYC ...Brian Wilson gets out of bed
2. LOSER'S LOUNGE TRIBUTE TO ROXY MUSIC- Wesbeth Theatre NYC
3. EMM GRYNER, MEGHAN TOOHEY, GAIL ANN DORSEY - Live at the Fez Viva los vaginas musicales!
4. PAUL KANTNER, MARTY BALIN & JEFFERSON STARSHIP ACOUSTIC SURREALISTIC PILLOW - Bottom Line NYC
5. BILLY IDOL - Live and Half-Plugged at the Bottom Line NYC
6. POWDERFINGER/OURS -Live at The Bowery Ballroom NYC
7. GREEN DAY/THE LIVING END- Hammerstein Ballroom NYC
8. ARNOLD - Dan Hills CMJ Fest
9. AL KOOPER- Bottom Line
10. CYNDIE HASTY - Every other Thursday night at Raga, spread the word.
11. LOUIS ATLAS - Live at the Elbow Room on a Hot August Night
12. EDIBLE RED- The Bitter End NYC
13. THE VILLAS-Anytime the snow falls in New York City
14. SAM BISBEE-Live at Lakeside, just check the local papers.
Best Indie Releases
YEAH YEAH YEAHS-s/t
CYNDIE HASTY - Temptation
UNISEX SALON - s/t
LOUIS ATLAS-Beat Of The Heart
JULIA BROWN- Newborn Alien Haze
ALICE RIPLEY- Everything's Fine
3RD DEGREE- Radio 7
EDIBLE RED- s/t
PETLAND- Miss Roboto